1. Raises hand to answer a hard question.
2. Does hard work without asking for help too quickly.
3. Shares a new idea with you and class.
4. Is very willing to try new things that are very difficult to do.
5. Is confident when doing schoolwork he/she finds difficult.
6. Continues to try even when schoolwork is hard.
7. Stays on task even when he/she gets frustrated working on difficult to understand or ‘boring’ schoolwork.
8. Checks work when finished to make sure it’s correct.
9. Tries really hard to do his/her personal best.
10. Is persistent in doing schoolwork that he/she finds frustrating and time-consuming.
11. Makes sure he/she understands instructions before beginning to work.
12. Has all of his/her school supplies ready and maintains a neat school bag and desk.
13. Sets goals to do his/her personal best.
14. Plans when he/she will do homework so he/she has enough time.
15. Is organised in doing schoolwork.
16. Works cooperatively with other classmates.
17. Is good at making friends.
18. Solves problems without fighting.
19. Follows classroom rules.
20. Gets along with everyone.
21. When upset, is able to tell someone how he/she is feeling.
22. When very frustrated when working on a difficult task or when someone treats him/her badly, rather than getting really upset, he/she stays pretty calm.
23. When he/she does get very upset, is good at controlling his/her behaviour by not lashing out or withdrawing for too long a period of time.
24. When very upset, calms down within a reasonable period of time.
25. Demonstrates resilience when faced with lack of success, rejection or other adversity, by bouncing back.