This professional development led by Dr Michael Bernard (University of Melbourne, YCDI! Founder) consists of a one-hour live webinar, Wednesday 9 Sept. 4 pm (AEST) or a replay can be sent to you later. Participants are also enrolled in our nine-module elearning course that can be completed in your own time.
Participants will learn:
- Helping students strengthen their self-belief to manage anxiety and cope with difficult study, situations, and people
- How to change students’ negative attitudes and thinking to a positive mindset
- Social-emotional learning classroom and school-wide practices
- Leading YCDI! Education at your school
Who should enrol
For educators and mental health practitioners who teach and work with children and adolescents (4 – 18 years +)
- If you are seeking a comprehensive, across year-level wellbeing program aligned with ACARA and listed as a best practice by Be You (https://beyou.edu.au/)
- If you are new to YCDI! Education
- If you want to re-invigorate YCDI! at your school
- If you have responsibility for staff development
Webinar – Wednesday 9 September 2020, 4 – 5 pm AEST
Michael Bernard will lead this session highlighting the importance of student self-belief. He will present the latest YCDI! theory and practice for effective implementation and describe YCDI!’s unique contribution to strengthening self-belief and raising resilience.
Professor Michael Bernard University of Melbourne, Founder – You Can Do It! Education
- How thinking influences feelings and behaviour
- The 5 SEL skills all students need
- How to strengthen a ‘You Can Do It!’ attitude
- Teaching SELs in the classroom
- Leading YCDI! at your school
Participants will have an opportunity to have their questions answered. If you are unable to attend the live webinar a replay will be sent to you later.
Elearning Course – Social-Emotional Learning for All. The Theory and Practice of You Can Do It! Education
Presented by Michael Bernard, it consists of 9 interactive modules and a 123-page online interactive guide that participants can download for ongoing reference. This online, self-paced training course is accessible through individual LOGINs (included with each webinar registration). The course takes approx. 4.5 hours to complete and is accessible for 90-days.
- Social-emotional learning
- You Can Do It! Education
- YCDI! social-emotional learning curricula
- Teaching social-emotional skills
- School-wide practices for building a critical mass
- Teaching students how to change the way they think
- Overcoming student social-emotional difficulties
- The strength of self-acceptance
- Parent education