FREE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINAR
Taking the Stress Out of Teaching
International authority on stress management in schools, Michael Bernard, shares advice for how to enjoy your work and Becky Black PhD, from the Centre for Wellbeing Science, University of Melbourne, will discuss ‘sensation sensitivity’ and how it relates to the experience and management of stress.
FREE WEBINAR - THURSDAY 26 MAY 2022, 4 - 5 PM (AEST)
Michael Bernard will share what he has learnt from coaching stressed teachers and principals and his experiences in working with teachers and principals who retired from teaching due to stress. Michael will also share his published research on teacher stress. He is the author of Taking the Stress Out of Teaching and the program Stress Management for Teachers and Principals.
With guest, Becky Black from the Centre for Wellbeing Science, University of Melbourne will discuss ‘sensation sensitivity’ and how it relates to the experience and management of stress.
- Disruptive classrooms and stress management
- Working with individuals and groups of stressed teachers
- Research on attitudes that create extra stress and can lead to early retirement
- A practical way to de-stress your school
- Coaching a stressed teacher – a successful case study!
- Why ongoing professional development is key