03. Program Achieve Secondary (years 7 – 10)
Annual Digital Licence (GST inclusive)
A Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum
The Program Achieve Secondary is now available online providing teachers access to digital activity plans and downloadable Teacher Guides and Student Worksheets. This curriculum is deliberately designed to contain short, targeted activities delivered in 15 – 20 minute periods during the busy timetabled secondary school day.
Download Order Form (PDF)
Professor Michael E. Bernard and Andrea Strudwick
Teachers, school psychologists, counsellors and student wellbeing coordinators of students in years 7 – 10
Program Achieve Secondary includes 32 activities to be taught to students in years 7 & 8 and an additional 32 activities to be taught to students in years 9 & 10. Program Achieve Secondary has been independently reviewed and is listed in the Be You Programs Directory.
The activities are organised to be delivered across four terms and include activity plans, teacher guides and student worksheets across the following topics
- Achievement. Work Confidence (growth mindset), Persistence, Organisation and Teamwork,
- Relationships. Values, Character Strengths and Getting Along Skills,
- Wellbeing. Resilience and Happiness – (self-awareness, self-management, ABCs, cognitive restructuring, mindfulness), and
- Social-Emotional Blockers. Anger, Not Paying Attention, Procrastination, Worry and Feeling Down (awareness and self-management).
Each social-emotional learning activity addresses an aspect of the ACARA national curriculum’s Personal and Social Capabilities.
Activities take 20+ minutes of class time to present to students and can be offered flexibly throughout the school week in either Home Groups, personal and social development classes or health and physical education.