02. Program Achieve Primary (years 1 – 6)
Annual Digital Licence (GST inclusive)
A Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum
The Program Achieve Primary curricula contain lessons that teach attitudes, values/character strengths and social-emotional skills for success, relationships and wellbeing as well as for overcoming social-emotional blockers.
A scope and sequence has been developed based on this framework covering 8 lessons for each of four terms across years 1 to 6 (192 lessons).
Download Order Form (PDF)
Professor Michael E. Bernard
Kirsty Bedford, Tammy-Anne Caldwell, Chelsea Challman, Heather Leary, Elisha McDonald, Margaret Milne, Tara Murphy, Meg Roche, Estelle Salagaras, Jessica Saunders and Sujata Symons.
Teachers of primary age students,
years 1 – 6
The 32 lessons at each year level are organised to be delivered across four terms and cover the following topics:
- Achievement: Work Confidence (growth mindset), Persistence, Organisation and Teamwork
- Relationships: Values, Character Strengths and Getting Along Skills
- Wellbeing. Resilience and Happiness (self-awareness, self-management, ABCs of emotions, cognitive restructuring, mindfulness) and
- Social-Emotional Blockers: awareness and management of anger, not paying attention, procrastination, worry, feeling down.
Lessons have been created based on the following framework.
Each social-emotional learning lesson addresses one or more aspects of the ACARA national curriculum’s Personal and Social Capabilities.
The Program Achieve curriculum has been written by 10 highly experienced teachers in social and emotional learning, along with Professor Michael Bernard.
Each lesson begins with a statement of Learning Intentions and Success Criteria followed by a lesson plan that includes the following elements:
- Review previous lesson challenge
- Engage students
- Share learning intentions and success criteria
- Explicit teaching
- Student activities
- Students demonstrate success criteria and reflect
- Weekly goal setting challenge
- Coaching points for the week