The 32 lessons at each year level are organised to be delivered across four terms and cover the following topics:
- Achievement: Work Confidence (growth mindset), Persistence, Organisation and Teamwork
- Relationships: Values, Character Strengths and Getting Along Skills
- Wellbeing. Resilience and Happiness (awareness, self-management, ABCs of emotions, cognitive restructuring, mindfulness) and
- Social-Emotional Blockers: awareness and management of anger, not paying attention, procrastination, worry, feeling down.
Lessons have been created based on the following framework.
Each social-emotional learning lesson addresses one or more aspects of the ACARA national curriculum’s Personal and Social Capabilities.
The Program Achieve curriculum has been written by 10 highly experienced teachers in social and emotional learning, along with Professor Michael Bernard.
Each lesson begins with a statement of Learning Intentions and Success Criteria followed by a lesson plan that includes the following elements:
- Review previous lesson challenge
- Engage students
- Share learning intentions and success criteria
- Explicit teaching
- Student activities
- Students demonstrate success criteria and reflect
- Weekly goal setting challenge
- Coaching points for the week
“For the past 15 years, our school has always enjoyed using the You Can Do It! Education curricula to help build a student’s positive attitude. This year, we’ve excitedly embraced the newly revised online curricula and it’s only enhanced our love for it. It’s a one stop shop with everything at your fingertips, providing teachers with everything one could possibly need to deliver a wonderful program, ensuring the students are engaged and motivated.”