4th Edition New Features
- Suggestions for teaching younger children (ages 3 – 4) in each lesson.
- New role-play activities that have children practising their social-emotional skills.
- An updated booklist for each of the 5 social-emotional skills providing books that have characters demonstrating the 5 social-emotional skills. A total of 215 books listed.
- Revised and updated Teacher Guide including new Best Practices for Creating a You Can Do It! Learning Environment
- Downloadable YCDI! Quick Reference Cards: Teaching Social-Emotional Skills in Early Childhood.
- Complimentary downloadable classroom poster.
Published research in The Early Childhood Education Journal reveals the positive impact of this program on the social-emotional development, wellbeing, and academic achievement of young children.
The program includes:
- a scope and sequence of 32 weekly lessons (8 lessons per school term) with each lesson consisting of learning intentions and success criteria.
- Lessons teach young children the Personal and Social Capabilities as described in the ACARA Personal and Social Capability learning continuum for Foundation Year and are listed at the beginning of each lesson.
- 2 digital, short animations introducing students to the 5 social-emotional skills.
- 5 hand puppets of the characters.
- 15 downloadable posters.
- 6 downloadable songs.
- Parent Education Program. Showing Parents How to Support the Social and Emotional Learning of their Children (4 sessions).
- Revised, introductory Teacher Guide for presenting the program.
It also includes a Survey of Young Children’s Social and Emotional Skills covering different aspects of:
- Confidence (work, social, non-verbal).
- Persistence (work, chore).
- Organisation (goal orientation, active listening, time management, taking care of things).
- Getting Along (peer interaction, behavioural responsibility, conflict resolution, positive classroom behaviour, social responsibility).
- Resilience (emotional self-regulation, behavioural self-control).
Ideal for surveying all students or at-risk students during the middle of the school year and at the end. Great source of information for parent-teacher conferences.
The Program Achieve Early Childhood is part of You Can Do It! Education Program Achieve. Please see our separate catalogue listings for social and emotional curriculum Program Achieve Primary (years 1 – 6) and Program Achieve Secondary (years 7-10).
“We are really finding the new online renewed program a lot more engaging to implement. We have been doing the YCDI! program for many years…I love how the program is targeted developmentally appropriately for our early childhood years, rare and good to be catered for!”
Bronwyn Banfield, Early Childhood Teacher, South Ballajura Primary School