01. Program Achieve Early Childhood, 4th Edition
$395.00 includes GST
Annual Digital Licence (GST inclusive)
A Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum for children ages 3 – 6+ including Foundation/Prep years
This extremely popular program teaches the positive attitudes and social-emotional skills that develop young children’s resilience, confidence, persistence, organisation and getting along. A team of teachers experienced in social-emotional learning along with Professor Michael Bernard have developed these lessons.
This program has two short animations which introduce young children to Ricky Resilience, Connie Confidence, Pete Persistence, Oscar Organisation and Gabby Get Along. First-time licence purchase includes one set of hand puppets of these 5 characters.
Preview from Lesson 2
Download Order Form (PDF)
Professor Michael E. Bernard
Kristy Bedford, Chelsea Challman, Leah Koen, Heather Leary, Jessica Saunders, Patricia Bernard and Tara Murphy
Teachers of young children 3-6 years+ in Early Learning, Kindergarten, Preschool or Foundation Year
4th Edition New Features
- Suggestions for teaching younger children (ages 3 – 4) in each lesson.
- New role-play activities that have children practising their social-emotional skills.
- An updated booklist for each of the 5 social-emotional skills providing books that have characters demonstrating the 5 social-emotional skills. A total of 215 books listed.
- Revised and updated Teacher Guide including new Best Practices for Creating a You Can Do It! Learning Environment
- Downloadable YCDI! Quick Reference Cards: Teaching Social-Emotional Skills in Early Childhood.
- Complimentary downloadable classroom poster.
Published research in The Early Childhood Education Journal reveals the positive impact of this program on the social-emotional development, wellbeing, and academic achievement of young children.
The program includes:
- a scope and sequence of 32 weekly lessons (8 lessons per school term) with each lesson consisting of learning intentions and success criteria.
- Lessons teach young children the Personal and Social Capabilities as described in the ACARA Personal and Social Capability learning continuum for Foundation Year and are listed at the beginning of each lesson.
- 2 digital, short animations introducing students to the 5 social-emotional skills.
- 5 hand puppets of the characters.
- 15 downloadable posters.
- 6 downloadable songs.
- Parent Education Program. Showing Parents How to Support the Social and Emotional Learning of their Children (4 sessions).
- Revised, introductory Teacher Guide for presenting the program.
It also includes a Survey of Young Children’s Social and Emotional Skills covering different aspects of:
- Confidence (work, social, non-verbal).
- Persistence (work, chore).
- Organisation (goal orientation, active listening, time management, taking care of things).
- Getting Along (peer interaction, behavioural responsibility, conflict resolution, positive classroom behaviour, social responsibility).
- Resilience (emotional self-regulation, behavioural self-control).
Ideal for surveying all students or at-risk students during the middle of the school year and at the end. Great source of information for parent-teacher conferences.
The Program Achieve Early Childhood is part of You Can Do It! Education Program Achieve. Please see our separate catalogue listings for social and emotional curriculum Program Achieve Primary (years 1 – 6) and Program Achieve Secondary (years 7-10).