After School Talk
Presenter: Michael E. Bernard, Ph.D., Professor, University of Melbourne, Founder, You Can Do It! Education
Come hear Michael Bernard talk about:
- Social-emotional learning (SEL) today
- NEW You Can Do It! Education SEL on-line, digital curricula: early years, primary, secondary
- What to say and do to help students overcome anxiety, feeling down, anger, procrastination and not paying attention
- Self-acceptance. The ‘psychological armour’ that protects young people. (Michael has written two Fact Sheets on self-acceptance for Beyond Blue/Be You)
- Practices for embedding SEL throughout classrooms and school community
- Strengthening SELs of staff
- Getting parents on board with SEL
YCDI! Education is the only SEL program that teaches confidence, persistence, organisation, getting along and resilience.
Who Should Attend?
School leaders, teachers, special educators, mental health practitioners – early years, primary, secondary
Time: 4.00 – 5.30pm
Adelaide | Armidale | Bathurst | Newcastle | Toowoomba
Location details coming soon.